Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 7

We left Ireland at about midday, after a relaxed morning in which we said goodbye to Dublin and to our hotel.
The view out our hotel room window. 
The toilet, which had fortunately been sanified for our protection. 
The Dublin airport. 
I had a window seat on the flight back, so I had an awesome view of Ireland as we flew over it. 
Ireland lost most of its forests to centuries of logging (which is why they had to use peat for a lot of their fuel and buildings), and they are still in the process of restoring their tree population. This was especially obvious when looking at the countryside from above. 
'Til next time, Ireland. 
The coast of Greenland!

We flew into Boston at around 8:00 that night, and I didn't get home until 11. It felt like I'd just left, but since it was only a week-long trip, I'd been expecting that. Overall, it was a wonderful trip. It was a great introduction to Ireland, a great singing trip, and though it had all felt a bit rushed, it just make me more eager to come back to Ireland and spend more time. There is a freaking Viking museum in Dublin. I need to see that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment